May 2009 Newsletter
Dates To Remember
March checks will be mailed on April 29, 2009.
March second invoice checks will be mailed May 15, 2009.
April forms are due in the office on May 7, 2009, by 9:00am.
Annual Spring Trainings
First Step Spring trainings for the month of May are scheduled as follows:
Saturday, May 2, 10:00am - State College
Tuesday, May 19, 7:00pm - Coudersport
Tuesday, May 26, 7:00pm - Williamsport
Quick, Easy, Healthy Snacks
* Snack size low-fat yogurt
* Fresh, canned, or dried fruit
* Frozen grapes, banana slices or popscicles made with 100% fruit juice
* Peanut butter and fruit sandwich (try apple slices, bananas or raisins)
* Whole grain crackers and low-fat cheese
* Baby carrots with low-fat dip
* Rice cakes with peanut butter
* Tortilla with refried beans, low-fat cheese, lettuce, and salsa
* Pita sandwich with tuna and lettuce
* Mini-pizzas made with English muffins or pita bread
* Vegetable and noodle soup
* Baked or microwaved potato topped with plain low-fat yogurt or cheese
\"Recipes for the Soul\"
\"Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.\" - Helen Rowland
It\'s funny how we may have lived in different places yet still refer to the place where we grew up as our \"hometown.\" Maybe it\'s because that place was also home to many special people in our life. However, it can be reassuring to know that wherever you go in the world, if you\'re comfortable with yourself, \"home\" can be anywhere you make it.
\"Comforts of Home\" ... Simple Steps ...
What does being \"at home in your own skin\" mean to you? Perhaps it is dressing in your favorite clothes or just feeling at peace with yourself. Whatever it is - embrace it.
When you travel, bring a little piece of home with you. Whether it\'s a family photo or your morning yoga routine, you\'ll beel the comfort of home even if you\'re miles away.